Saturday, 17 November 2018 | Login
Kwesi Nyantakyi threatens to sue Anas and BBC for defamation

Kwesi Nyantakyi threatens to sue Anas and BBC for defamation Featured

The former President of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), MrKwesi Nyantakyi has threatened to sue Anas Aremeyaw Anas and Tiger Eye

PI for defamation.

He also intends to sue the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) as well for the same reason, an aide to Mr Nyantakyi, Martin Luthor Obeng has disclosed.

Speaking in a radio interview on Accra based Oman FM Tuesday, Obeng questioned why the BBC sponsored Anas to entrap and defame Mr Nyantakyi.

He said Mr Nyantakyi’s suit will force the BBC to explain why it did that.

Mr Obeng stated that the BBC financed Anas Aremeyaw Anas’ latest investigative piece to use the Ghanaian journalist as a conduit for their agenda against Nyantakyi and Morocco’s World Cup bid.

Related: BBC, Anas targeted Nyantakyi for backing Morocco’s WC bid – Spokesperson


In an angry tone Obeng said: “BBC will have no option than to fully disclose,because BBC is a state owned organisation and it is taxpayers money, that run BBC. And BBC is duty bound to explain, thank God it is not Ghana [but in the UK] they will account every pesewa.

“Kwesi Nyantakyi just wants Ghanaians to know that it was just a scheme against him for the fact that he was [supporting] Morocco’s bid for the 2026 World Cup against United States hosting it with Canada and Mexico. Therefore BBC had to come in and do that scheme work against him through Anas Aremeyaw Anas. For that matter, he also had to bring out his side of the story for Ghanaians to know what is his version and also point out the inconsistencies in the whole show to the good people of Ghana.”

The hosting rights for the 2026 tournament were eventually won by the United States, Canada and Mexico at FIFA’s Congress in Moscow last week.

 

Nyantakyi’s downfall

Kwesi Nyantakyi has currently lost his standing, and all positions in local and international football after Anas Aremeyaw screened his latest exposé, dubbed #Number12 which captured him [Nyantakyi] allegedly detailing how he was going to personally benefit from a supposed $15 million sponsorship money for Ghana’s league.

Nyantakyi, also detailed to the supposed investor, how he [the investor] could be given several government contracts if he pays bribes to some key government officials such as Ghana’s President and the Vice President.

He has since resigned from his positions at the GFA, WAFU, CAF and FIFA, where he served as a member of the world football governing body’s Executive Council.

Although Kwesi Nyantakyi is serving a 90-day ban from FIFA, Anas wants him banned for life for the misconduct.

 

 

Additional Info

  • Origin: graphic/GhAgent